This recipe is super easy, and it literally came printed on a box of Velveeta cheese.
Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 2 T butter, divided
- 2 T flour
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 3/4 lb. (12 oz.) Velveeta cheese product, cut into cubes
- 1 pkg. (10-12 oz) frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
1. Cook and stir onion in 1 T. of butter in a saucepan on medium heat until the onion is tender.
2. Add the remaining butter and flour. Cook for one minute or until hot and bubbly, stirring constantly.
3. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for one minute.
4. Add chunks of Velveeta cheese and pepper.
5. Cook until Velveeta is melted and soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.
And there you have it!
I'll be honest, friends, I know that Velveeta is NOT real cheese, and it's probably not the best thing for you. It just melts so smoothly, and it tastes so good! The recipe itself does actually mention using Velveeta Light (which is weird because it came on a box of the regular stuff), and I use nonfat milk to make mine.
Anyway, if you're looking for something warm and yummy on a chilly spring day, this is certainly worth a try! :)