Monday, July 14, 2014

Dear Pappy

Dear Pappy,

I can't believe that it's been a year since you went to Heaven.  Time has certainly passed by so quickly, and it is still strange that we're all here without you.  You and Nana raised such a wonderful family that I am so proud to be a part of.

Not much has changed with us.  We've continued to get together for every holiday to enjoy each other's company and to eat, of course.  We sure do have some good cooks in this family!

We were all so blessed when they honored you at the Veteran's Day parade in November.  It was definitely one of the hardest parades I've participated in so far.  Until they decide they don't want me to, I will continue to sing at the Veteran's Day and Memorial Day parades to honor your memory.  One of my fondest memories is getting to ride with you and Nana in the car during the first Memorial Day parade I sang in.  I loved how proud you were of me, and when you gave me a kiss after I was done you told the audience that, "It's ok.  I can do that.  She's my granddaughter."  I was in that moment and still am so proud to be your granddaughter.

I miss you, Pappy, and I love you.





1 comments:

Susannah said...

<3 Just sent up a prayer for your heart today!

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs