Saturday, August 1, 2015

July Books



So, my first book is actually from June.  I published my May & June books post before the end of June, and managed to squeak this one out just before the end of June.  But I'm sure you're all ok with my slight inaccuracy, right! ;)

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
via
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

This is the second book in the Maze Runner trilogy.  I started reading this immediately after the first book.  Scott and I were both reading them.  He took the book to work and lost it.  I got another copy with my class' Scholastic book order.  Then he found the other copy.  Either way, life got busy, and I didn't get to finish it until June.  

Having become familiar with the characters in the first book, it was easier to read this one, and there was more at stake.  I wanted to know what was going to happen with the characters, and I enjoyed the second phase of their journey.

The Death Cure by James Dashner

via
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Clearly, this is the third book in the Maze Runner trilogy.  By this time in a series, you are looking forward to seeing how the story is resolved.  Dashner provides a satisfying conclusion to the entire story.  While I wasn't in love with these books, they were good reads.  I can at least recommend them to my students now!

The Kill Order by James Dashner

via
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Annnnnddd...because the prequel is a big thing these days, I used my Barnes & Nobel gift card (that I got as an end of the year gift from a student) to pick up a copy of The Kill Order.  

This one took me some time to get into.  The story takes place 13 years before The Maze Runner, so the reader is dealing with a new set of characters.  Much of the book details how the world got to the state it is in during The Maze Runner.  Very slowly, things started to come together to make the other three books make even more sense.  Without giving anything away, the ending of The Kill Order definitely sets things up for the trilogy to follow!

The Mapmaker's Children by Sarah McCoy

via
My Rating: 5 of 5 Stars

This was my Blogging for Books review book, and I loved it!  You can read my full review here.

That's all for July!  

Coming in August....
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Spelled by Betsy Schow

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs