Friday, January 8, 2016

StitchFix Fix!

Last week, I shared that my latest fix from StitchFix was an epic fail!  Fortunately, when you have a total fix flop, StitchFix will send you your next fix for free.  I wanted to give this another go ASAP, so I quickly scheduled a new fix and it arrived on December 30th.

This time, they got it right!


The first pieces I tried on were these skinny corduroys in a burgundy color (which you can't tell from this photo because the lighting in our bedroom is awful...) and this black top with small white dots.  The blouse also has tabs in the sleeves so I can make it a 3/4 length sleeve if I want.  While I don't think I'll necessary wear these pieces together (though I could), it worked for trying-on purposes at least!


The next pieces was this plaid dress.  Yes, please!  I'm obsessed with plaid, and I've been wanting a plaid dress.  I love this one because it has a drawstring "belt".  So I can pull it tight for a great fit!  I can wear this with leggings or without (I put leggings on for the pic), and it has POCKETS!  Win!

Ignore my face.
I also got this infinity scarf with this fix.  I love it because....umm...scarf!  Would I actually wear it with this shirt (and this is a much better picture of this blouse, if I do say so myself)?  Probably not, but I think I could get away with it if I did....?


There was only one piece in this fix that I didn't like.  This top looks a million times better on the card than it actually does on me.  I was really excited about it until I put it on, but it just didn't fit me correctly.

I actually did keep the entire box though, even though I don't like this top at all.  Why?  It was cheaper for me to buy the whole box with the Buy All 5 discount than it would have been to get the other 4 pieces and send the top back.

So I promptly listed the top on my Vinted account.  If you like this top and think it would work for your body type and style, feel free to hop on over and buy it from me.  lol

I'm very grateful that StitchFix is willing to fix when they totally miss the mark on a fix.  They took my feedback into account, and I think my stylist actually did look at my Pinterest board because this fix was obviously on target.

Ever had a StitchFix redemption?

If you would like to give StitchFix a try, I'd love it if you'd head over using my referral link!  I will get a credit toward my next fix if you do!  :)  https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3883523


5 comments:

Kristin said...

I still annoyed that they've not contacted me back.

However, I love everything you got in this fix, except the white top (???? who would that look good on???) and I think I got that same polka dot shirt this past fall.

Suzanne said...

You're pretty tiny and that top didn't look good on you? I'm not sure it would hang right on anyone! I can't shop for clothes online for this reason. Props to you for being daring enough to continue. I just need to go to TJ Maxx or the thrift stores. Maybe I should blog my thrift finds?

Becky Dougherty said...

Suzanne, it was totally awful! I couldn't believe it! It's an awful shirt. I agree that I don't think it would look good on anyone. You should definitely share your thrift finds! :)

Sarah Alway said...

Oh no way, I had no idea that they'd send another fix for free if you have a total flop! That's good to know, although it hasn't happened to me yet. I absolutely love that first top on you!

Kim @ Kimberley's Quests said...

That plaid dress is amazing! I love that style and have been in search of either a denim or plaid version forever! Too bad about the last shirt given it's amazing name "Shark Bite Hem" very fashion forward.

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs