Thursday, March 24, 2016

Stuff & Things: Daily Routine

Stuff, Things, etc.

Yesterday, Joey  published a post about mornings, and it included her routine.  I was inspired to write a post about what my regular daily routine looks like.

(Although, this is NOT my routine today, as I am on Easter break!)

6:00 A.M.  The alarm goes off on my phone.  I turn it off, turn on the local news on TV, and proceed to spend a half an hour checking my social media, email, and taking my turn in Yahtzee and/or Words with Friends.  (This time also often involves making a post on Facebook or Twitter about how bad I am at or how much I hate mornings....)

6:30 A.M. Pry myself out of bed to the bathroom to wash my face and put in my contacts.  Then I usually put on one of the shows on the DVR to "watch" while I do my make-up and hair and get dressed.

7:10 A.M.  This is NOT the ideal time.  I'd prefer it to be 7, but as I can't get out of bed until 6:30.... I go downstairs to make my breakfast protein shake.  (Although, last week, I made yummy, healthy banana nut muffins from The Balanced Life Sisterhood February Recipe Bundle to have each day.)

7:25 A.M. Out the door to drop my niece off at school and head to work.

8:00 ish A.M.  I usually arrive at school around 8 or a little after.  Our teacher report time is 8:10.  I get into the building, check my mail, go to my classroom, turn on my classroom lamps (I hate fluorescent lighting), and maneuver the desks back to where they're supposed to be.

8:10 A.M. Depending on the day, I either get to chill/work in my classroom until my students arrive, chat with my friend Kim who works in the building, go to rehearsal with the teacher's singing group I'm in, or attend a meeting.

8:30 A.M.-3:35 P.M.  Students arrive at 8:30, and from then on I am herding cats, so to speak.  I teach three 80 minute English Language Arts (Reading & Writing) classes each day.  Mixed in there is a 40 minute morning planning time, lunch, and at the end of the day a 30 minute enrichment/remediation period or activity period.

3:35 P.M.  Buses are gone (if we're lucky), and I hop in the car to head back home!

4:15 ish P.M.  Arrive at home and go inside to change for my workout.

4:30 P.M.-5:30 P.M.  Work Out (lately this has been walking on the treadmill and a #30DayPilatesBody routine

5:30 P.M. Make dinner

6:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M. ??- The rest of my day depends on what needs to be done.  I've started trying to do at least one cleaning task each day.  Ideally, I would like to be in bed by 9, but more often, I am getting READY for bed at 9 including showering, Bible reading, etc.  Some days, I consider it lucky if I'm asleep by 10.

So  what's your daily routine look like??

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Verrry similar...

I watch the local news in the morning too. A leftover PA habit I suppose :)

I hate overhead lights in general, but my district doesn't allow lamps anymore. Luckily my room has natural light, so I rarely turn my classroom lights on. The kids can see the projections better when it's dim.

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs