Friday, April 1, 2016

March Books


Thank goodness for Audible, or I would've completely failed at reading this month!  It was a very busy March, and I had things going on every weekend.  So I really just didn't have much time to sit down and actually read a book.

Alas, here's what I did "read" in March:

Eleanor & ParkEleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really loved this book! I think it might be tied with FanGirl for my favorite Rainbow Rowell book.

I also listened to this one on Audible. I was thrilled that the narrator from FanGirl and Landline was back to read Eleanor's sections of the book. I liked that this book had a male narrator for Park's sections of the book.

I honestly don't have anything specific that I liked or disliked about the story. I just really enjoyed the book! Really deep, I know. But that's how it is. :)



TarnishTarnish by Katherine Longshore

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I can't say that I loved this book, but I did like it. Tarnish is the story of Anne Boleyn before she becomes fully entangled with King Henry VIII.

I have read book after book on Henry VIII English court, many of them by Philippa Gregory, and I've read many others about Anne Boleyn. I felt like this one didn't quite "fit" with what I feel I've learned about her through other authors. Of course, this is historical FICTION, and a lot of what is presented in the books I've read is speculation. I think that overall, the other books I've read by different authors have paralleled each other more.

Since I listened to this book on Audible, I can say that I did enjoy the narrator.





1 comments:

Kristin said...

I *liked* E&P. I didn't love it. I found it to be really depressing and I (still don't) didn't get the ending...what do you think happened?

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs